Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pentecost

Today is the Feast of Pentecost and I'm off to preach at Christ Trinity Lutheran church. It is actually the fifth anniversary of my ordination to the diaconate. I was ordained a deacon and Andrew Horne a priest on Pentecost at St. Augustine's Anglican church in the evening. It was a stinking hot day and there were over 400 people in the church and I was wearing the new alb my parish had had made for me - heavy raw silk. We sang My Song is Love Unknown and Jesus All for Jesus. It was a marvelous day! Three days later we had a foot of snow.

Robbie is doing a little better. He's still coughing in the evening and morning but he's sleeping through the night now and has a lot more energy. I really struggle with the coughing - it sounds like he's coughing out a lung. But I'm grateful that his lungs seem to be clearing and the renewed energy suggests that his heart is beating better. He hasn't had any adverse reaction to the heart meds either so that is encouraging. His vet says that we'll know whether or not he's responding by next week. Thank you to everyone who has let me know that they are praying for us. And thanks to M for bringing me meals on wheels last night! Never let it be said that it is only the Christians who know the value of bringing comfort food to folks.

No comments: