Monday, November 19, 2007

What is a Girl to Do?

Saskatchewan vs Winnipeg in the Grey Cup! It will take the wisdom of Solomon to decide who to cheer for. I was born in Saskatoon and raised cheering for the green roughies. But we moved to Winnipeg when I was eight and my first live game was the Bombers. I love both teams. All I know for sure is that next Sunday, whoever wins, I'm going to be a happy, happy camper! Too bad the game is being played in Toronto...oh well, I guess there can't be perfection this side of the Jordan.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

To quote a CBC reporter: "It's an absolute catastrophe for the CFL that Toronto's not in the Grey Cup."

kgp

Erin said...

Just goes to show you can't always trust the CBC to know their blow hole from a hole in the ground.

I've lived in Southern Ontario and I grew up in the west. Hamilton fans care about their team. Westerners care about their teams and Saskatchewan fans make a religion of their team. Torontonians care only if their team is doing well and it is sexy for them to do so. Toronto has a corporate culture where there must be an economic benefit to caring about anything...at least when it comes to sports. Maybe Toronto has a soul when it comes to other things. On this point I will remain agnostic.

Anonymous said...

With Glenn out with a broken arm, the Riders will be the favourite to win...I suppose you could choose them. I am having trouble picking a team as well, but am amped that it's 2 prairie teams playing for the cup this year! I spent alll day yesterday watching football (both finals) and hockey (Flames-Canucks. don't want to talk about that one)...can't wait for Grey Cup Sunday!!!

Erin said...

If you are close by come by to watch the game with me!